Love an upstyle? The second look created for the runaway for Witchery AW16 added a little more glamour, pulling the hair back into a unique knot, which Alan White describes as a ‘need for speed’ detail. The 70s style pulls hair away from the face but adds an edgy splayed out element that made the look more provocative. See below for a step-by-step guide on how to get the look!
1. Depending on hair type, create volume using the De Lorenzo Elements Range. Apply either Amplify or Motion Mousse throughout the hair where needed.
2. Blow dry hair taking sections away from the face using a large, round bristle brush to create volume and soft movement from roots to ends. Keep in mind the hair will be pulled back into a ponytail.
3. Apply Barrel Wave to your palms and run your hands over your head sleeking hair back into a ponytail.
4. Use a bungee elastic band to achieve the perfect-slicked back ponytail.
5. Spray a layer of Afterglow and smooth the hair, making it as sleek as possible, into the base of the ponytail. Finish with Vapour Mist for a light hold.
6. Apply Barrel Wave to your palms and smooth over the tail of the pony. Style the ponytail into a smooth twist or knot, leaving the ends out. Pin to hold in place.
7. The hair should look super-sleek with choppy ends poking out horizontally.